How to Visit ABM
Our entrance is at 355 Clementina Street in San Francisco (enter from 5th Street).
The Museum shop and special exhibit gallery are free and open to the public Tuesday – Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
Tours of the main exhibit floor are available Tuesday – Saturday at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm —check our Tour Calendar for updates and changes (please note: access to the historical bookbinding equipment is limited to docent-led tours and is recommended for ages 10+).
ABM is ADA compliant; the museum is accessible to wheelchair users.
- Please note: the museum does not have its own parking lot. The following garages are within walking distance:
- SFMTA Fifth & Mission Parking Garage 833 Mission St. (between Fifth and Fourth)
- SFMOMA Garage 147 Minna St. (between Third and New Montgomery)
- Hearst Parking Center 45 Third St. (between Mission and Market)
- Ace Parking 322 Tehama St. (between Howard and Folsom)
- AC Transit/Golden Gate Transit/SamTrans Transbay Terminal at First and Mission Streets
- Caltrain Fourth and Townsend St. station
- BART Montgomery or Powell St. station
- Muni Metro Mongtomery or Powell St. station serves J-Church, KT-Ingleside/Third St., L-Taraval, M-Oceanview and N-Judah lines
- Muni Bus Routes 8-Bayshore, 14-Mission, 27-Bryant, 30-Stockton, 45-Union/Stockton
Apprentice Tour for Kids
Our “Apprentice” tour for kids 5 – 15 looks at bookbinding through the lens of the work and lives of apprentices who learned the craft. The Apprentice tour is offered at 3pm, or by arrangement.
Team Building and Group Workshops
Looking for a great activity for a corporate or group outing? Participants can tour ABM and make a journal with us. Please call for details.
Book Arts Tours for Girl Scouts
We offer a specially focused tour with activity that will satisfy requirements 1-4 for the Cadette Book Arts Badge. Please call for details.